kambu | கம்பு | Buy Online | Health Benefits| Nutrition values | Recipes |
kambu in english pearl millet, one of high protein content and we can make variety of dishes.
Buy kambu 1kg price at wholesales price on online. Free delivery available at Coimbatore.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the kambu maavu/Pearl millet flour. Mix a pinch of salt with a little water and sprinkle it over the kambu maavu. Mix thoroughly. Add enough water to allow you to form it roughly.
- Spread the kambu maavu in an idli dish and steam it for 10-15 minutes, or until the flour colour changes.
- Take the cooked kambu maavu out of the idli plate and place it in a mixie jar, because lumps may form while steaming the flour, grind it once or twice to powder it. So we’re breaking up the lumps in the steamed flour by grinding it.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground flour and the baking powder. Combine the sugar, cardamom powder, and grated coconut in a mixing bowl. Serve after thoroughly mixing.
- Proceed to the following step if you wish to add jaggery.
- In a basin, melt the jaggery with a little water. Strain the syrup and re-boil it until it becomes thick and foamy. Turn off the stove. Mix in the cardamom powder with the cooked and powdered kambu maavu. Mix in the needed amount of syrup thoroughly.
- Finally, stir in the grated coconut and serve.
KAMBU CURD RICE
- First, put two cups of broken pearl millet in a dish, then wash twice and drain fully.
- In a pressure cooker, combine the washed pearl millet, six cups of water, and 12 teaspoon of salt.
- Close the cooker and cook for 4 whistles before turning off the stove.
- Wait until the pressure in the cooker has totally dissipated.
- The next day, in a serving bowl, combine 12 cup kambu sadam water, curd, and the needed amount of salt, then add chopped onion and mix thoroughly.
- Serve with Mor Milagai, mango pickle, colourful fryums, and other side dishes.
- Soak kambu, chana dal, toor dal, and urad dal for at least 3 hours.
- To begin, coarsely grind the red chilli powder, salt, ginger, and half of the asafoetida.
- Add the kambu and drained soaked dals to the pot. With a little water, coarsely grind. You may either make it right away or let it sit for 1 or 2 hours before preparing it.
- Mustard, asafoetida, curry leaves, and sauteed onion are used to temper the dish.
- Toss it in with the batter. Mix in the chopped cabbage.
- Preheat the tawa and drizzle a few drops of oil on it. Make a thick adai with a little batter. Cook, covered, over medium heat for one minute, then flip and cook for another minute, or until golden. Depending on your taste, you can add a little or a lot of oil.
Buy more grains
கம்பு – Kambu
Next Product >> சோளம் – Cholam
Buy More grains