Poondu / Garlic / பூண்டு
Poondu | பூண்டு
Rs. 80.00 – Rs. 320.00
Garlic has many medicinal properties and we can make many tasty Recipes, but it wants to intake the correct Nutrition value.
Poondu 7 Health Benefits
- Taking Poondu(in English Garlic) as a supplement daily reduces the effect of cold and Flu.
Many types of viruses can cause the common cold and flu. The virus can spread through the air and hand-to-hand contact. But we can safe from cold and flu when we improve our immune system, taking poondu as a supplement that will increase our immunity power.
- Garlic supplements reduce the risk of heart attack and strokes because it controls blood pressure.
High blood pressure damage arteries that can become blocked and prevent blood flow to the heart muscle, so we want to control blood pressure level we can eat garlic in a different form that will control our blood pressure level.
*Negative from garlic don’t take overdoses it may increase blood pressure.
- It improves good cholesterol levels which may lower the risk of heart disease.
HDL stands for high-density lipoproteins, it’s also called good cholesterol because it picks up cholesterol and takes it back to the liver for disposal. garlic contains more HDL, which tedious the risk of heart disease.
- Help to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease as it has contains antioxidants.
Alzheimer’s Disease is a common human neurodegenerative disease that causes gradual memory loss. Oxidative is an important factor contributing to the initiation and progression of Alzheimer’s. Garlic contains natural antioxidants that can remove reactive oxygen species and reduce lipid peroxides and low-density Oxidation.
- Fight infectious disease, it may help you live longer.
Infectious disease is like influenza, Ebola, Diphtheria, Coronaviruses, measles, Chickenpox, and more. it can be passed from person to person, from animal to human, and by consuming contaminated food or water. Garlic to be an effective antibiotic, the blood of garlic eater can kill the bacteria and it is also reported that the vapor from freshly cut garlic can kill bacteria at a distance of 20cm.
- Reduce fatigue and enhance work capacity.
Fatigue is known as the overall feeling of tiredness or lack of energy. Garlic is used for the treatment of fatigue, it may contain an anti-fatigue agent.
- Protect organ damage due to its sulfur.
Sulfur plays an important role in the body and is necessary for the synthesis of certain key proteins. For example, sulfur is needed for the synthesis of amino acids cysteine and methionine, which are part of glutathione—a potent antioxidant that helps protect your cells from damage. Garlic contains approximately 33 sulfur compounds (aliin, allicin, ajoene, allylpropyl disulfide, diallyl trisulfide, sallylcysteine, vinyldithiines, S-allylmercaptocystein, and others), several enzymes (allinase, peroxidases, myrosinase, and others), 17 amino acids (arginine and others), and minerals (selenium, germanium, tellurium and other trace minerals)
- Poondu Kulambu’s most favorite dishes in south India, In India people, give more important lunchtime food. Poondu Kuzhambu one of the dishes for lunch. We can make this recipe at home. we attached the video link for how makes this recipe. Click here for the video link
- Garlic Chutney breakfast recipe. we can use poondu chutney with idle, dosa and we can use it for pongal also. It’s a tasty and healthy dish. Click here to know how to prepare this special breakfast recipe
- Dinner Recipe Garlic Rasam – Rasam with rice good and healthy combination for after heavy food intake because it supports digestion. we attach the link for poondu rasam Click here
Garlic Nutrition Facts
Serving Size – 100g
- Total Fat – 0.5g
- Saturated Fat – 0.1g
- Sodium – 17mg
- Total Carbohydrate – 33g
- Protein – 6.4g
- Vitamin D – 0.00mcg
- Calcium – 181.00mg
- Iron – 1.70mg
- Potassium – 401mg
Buy More Spices Click here
250g, 500g, 1kg